Silver jewelry needs great care; they are precious adornments that should be protected from damaging elements. Here are some tips you can use to take care of your handcrafted silver jewelry.
- Make sure to constantly wear your handcrafted pieces, if you don't wear them for a long time exposing the silver to certain atmospheres for a long time can cause tarnishing. There are also chances of them getting scratched. Keeping them locked in a zip lock plastic box is the best option.
- A great way of cleaning your jewelry is to take a bath with them on. The water and soap you use can help clean your jewelry.
- Perfumes and lotions contain chemicals that can combine or react with silver. Hence, it is advisable to put jewelry on after using these lotions and creams, etc.
- You like to go swimming; no one stops from doing that! However, it is better to remove your silver jewelry before entering the sea or plunging into the swimming pool. The salt and the chlorine can damage your silver jewelry.
- Avoid wearing silver jewelry when you have to be in the sun for a long time. Sunlight can tarnish the silver. In addition, you can perspire. This perspiration can react with the silver. Hence, avoid sunbathing with your silver jewelry on.
- Sulfur is the biggest enemy of silver. Avoid contact with any kind or product containing sulfur. This chemical can tarnish your silver and make it black.